RSS

Um livro a não perder "The Traveler´s Gift" de Andy Andrews

The plot of the novel is that David Ponder had it all until he lost his job. Then life spiraled downward to where he couldn't even afford to payfor surgery for his daughter. When he gets in a car accident, he travels back in time and meets Abraham Lincoln, Anne Frank, King Solomon, and four others, each of whom gives him a valuable life lesson. At the end of his journey, he has received seven lessons that determine success in life. By reading and studying one decision at a time twice a day for 21 days, he is able to implement them to create an outstanding life for himself and thousands of other people.The seven decisions are:
1. The Buck Stops Here. This means that you must take responsibility foryour actions and thoughts. "I am where I am today ?mentally, physically,spiritually, emotionally, and financially ?because of decisions I havemade. My decisions have always been governed by my thinking. . . Today Iwill begin the process of changing where I am ?mentally, physically,spiritually, emotionally, and financially ?by changing the way I think."

2. I Will Seek Wisdom. This means spending time with people who are wise,whether in person, or through books or recordings. It means filling your mind with ideas that increase your belief in yourself, not ideas that feed your doubts and insecurities. "If I associate with chickens, I will learn to scratch at the ground and squabble over crumbs. If I associate withe agles, I will learn to soar to great heights. I am an eagle. It is my destiny to fly."

3. I Am a Person of Action. This means taking action and being forward-thinking, not dwelling in the past "moaning over squandered time and lost opportunity. When I am faced with the choice of doing nothing or doing something, I will always choose to act! I seize this moment. Ichoose now. . . Knowing that laziness is a sin, I will create a habit of lively behavior. I will walk with a spring in my step and a smile on my face. The lifeblood rushing through my veins is urging me upward and forward into activity and accomplishment. . . Successful people make their decisions quickly and change their minds slowly. Failures make their decisions slowly and change their minds quickly."

4. I Have a Decided Heart. This means taking the first step and moving forward. "What I put off until tomorrow, I will put off until the next day as well. I do not procrastinate. All my problems become smaller when I confront them. If I touch a thistle with caution, it will prick me, but if I grasp it boldly, its spines crumble into dust."

5. Today I Will Choose to Be Happy. This means choosing happiness over any other emotion. "I know now that happiness is not an emotional phantom floating in and out of my life. Happiness is a choice. . . the end result of certain thoughts and activities." Choosing happiness comes from laughing for seven seconds each day within moments of waking up, laughing through out the day, using your smile, and being grateful.

6. I Will Greet This Day With a Forgiving Spirit. Forgiveness is the key to life. When we forgive others and ourselves, we create a peaceful heart that allows us to do and be more. "By forgiving myself, I erase the doubts, fears, and frustration that have kept my past in the present. From this day forward, my history will cease to control my destiny. I have forgiven myself. My life has just begun."

7. I Will Persist Without Exception. When we persist despite our disappointment, distractions, fears, and exhaustion, we achieve what we want in life. "A sailor who fearfully watches stormy seas lash his vessel will always steer an unproductive course. But a wise and experienced captain keeps his eye firmly fixed upon the lighthouse. He knows that by guiding his ship directly to a specific point, the time spent in discomfortis lessened. And by keeping his eye on the light, there never exists one second of discouragement."